The Honey Creek Church Missions Team is led by Mark Van Hook.
The Missions Team and the congregation support many worthwhile mission activities through monetary donations, time and other resources. Many of the mission efforts are suppored annually. Listed below are some of those projects:
- Operation Classroom Scholarships - this program is through the Liberia & Sierra. Leone UM Conference and provides Christain based education and health care. Honey Creek provides small monetary scholarships for 1 teacher, 2 nurses and 10 students
- Nothing But Nets is a program to protect children in Africa from mosquitoes and the risk of malaria by providing mosquito netting. Honey Creek has provided monetary aid to purchase mosquito netting
- Rev. Ken Vance - African Missionary
- Matthew 25 Haiti Relief - monetary aid
- UMCOR Haiti Relief - monetary aid
- Red Bird Mission is a UM mission to aid and minister to people in the Appalchian region of the United States. Honey Creek sends soup labels and box tops to support their school.
- Angel Tree Christmas is a program that reaches out to children of inmates and their families with the love of Christ. Honey Creekers adopt these children/families and provide Christmas gifts for the children.
- Operation Christmas Child is a program through Samaritan's Purse Internation Relief. Honey Creek generously fills shoeboxes with small gifts for needy young children to be shipped around the world.
Johnson County Inter-Church Food Pantry:
- Volunteer opportunities: Each month that has a 5th Saturday we staff the pantry. April 29, 2017 is the next date. Please see Deb Maxfield if interested.
- Monthly Food Pantry Emphasis: April: Diapers
"Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and He will repay him his deed". Proverbs 19:17